Business & Commercial Insurance
Business & Commercial Insurance Information
Insurance for Businessowners Across South Carolina
Whether you’re starting a new business or looking to insure a new one, you’ll need the right type of coverage. There are plenty of insurance policies available for businesses, but the key is finding the right coverage for an affordable price.
As an independent agency, Dotterer Insurance has access to several top carriers. We help you find a policy that covers your assets without draining your wallet.
What We Offer
Dotterer Insurance offers a range of coverages for businesses, some of which can be bundled into packaged policies for a cheaper price.
• General Liability: General liability insurance covers bodily injury and property damage that occurs on the business property.
• Business Auto Insurance: Business auto insurance, or commercial auto insurance, provides coverage for vehicles owned and used by the business. Your business auto insurance policy can (and should) include comprehensive coverage, collision coverage, liability, uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage and personal injury protection.
• Commercial Property: Commercial property insurance covers the physical structure of the business. It covers against fire, wind, hail, lightning, vandalism and more.
• Employment Practices Liability: Employment practices liability covers claims regarding employment practices, such as accusations of sexual harassment, discrimination and wrongful firing.
• Business Interruption Insurance: Business interruption insurance covers income lost while the business is inoperable due to a disaster.
• Lessor’s risk Insurance: Lessor’s risk insurance covers liability claims concerning loss or damage to a lessee’s property.
Other less common coverages we offer are earthquake and flood policies.
Some of these coverages can be bundled into either a business owners policy (BOP) or a commercial package policy (CPP). A BOP is best suited for small businesses in low-risk industries while CPPs are geared toward large businesses in high-risk industries.
How Much is Business Insurance?
Since business insurance is an umbrella term for such a wide range of coverages, it’s impossible to pinpoint a price based only on the one term. Factors that influence the rate of your business insurance are:
• Coverage limits
• Insurance type
• Claims history
• Credit score of the insured
• Driving records (for commercial auto)
General liability for contractors, for example, is a median of $90 a month for a $1 million policy limit and $500 deductible. Meanwhile, a sole proprietor may pay as little as $500 a year for the same coverage.
Protect Your Business
No matter what type of business you have or where you are, there is insurance available to protect your assets from dangers that threaten your hard work. Dotterer Insurance is dedicated to helping you achieve your goals as a businessowner by tailoring a policy that will soothe your fears and let you focus on developing your business. Give us a call at (843) 821-7548or fill out a form for a free online quote today!