Auto and Homeowners Insurance
Auto and Homeowners Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto and Homeowners Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.
Auto and Homeowners Insurance Information
Auto and Home Insurance
Home and Auto Insurance Across South Carolina
No matter where you live or work, there are some insurances that are crucial to keep yourself and your family safe. Home and auto insurance are often misunderstood. The agents at Dotterer Insurance work closely with each client on a personal level to find a policy they can understand and rely on. Everyone has different insurance needs, whether you’re a standard or nonstandard driver or a homeowner or a renter. Dotterer Insurance is here to help you protect what matters most in an affordable way.
Auto insurance is required by most states to protect other drivers and passengers on the road, but it’s just as important to have enough coverage to protect yourself. By paying monthly premiums, you will receive compensation after filing a claim for an incident covered under your policy. Recommended coverages we offer include:
• Liability: Liability includes bodily injury and property damage you may cause to someone else while operating the insured vehicle. It helps with the victims’ medical expenses and possible legal fees, if the victim decides to sue.
• Comprehensive Coverage: Comprehensive coverage compensates for damages to the vehicle due to incidents such as fire, hail, wind, storms, theft and vandalism.
• Collision Coverage: Collision coverage provides compensation for a collision with another vehicle or object.
• Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist: This insurance covers damages that occur when you crash with a driver not carrying insurance.
• Personal Injury Protection: Personal injury protection covers medical expenses for you and your passengers after an accident.
We also offer roadside assistance and rental car services. Finding your car insurance with an independent agency means we have access to multiple top carriers. We do the hard research for you and find the most affordable policy for the coverage you need.
A home is not only a haven, but an investment. It’s somewhere you go to at the end of a long day to relax or spend time with your family. It’s important that you’re not constantly worrying about not having enough coverage in case something happens. At Dotterer Insurance, we offer a range of coverages for homeowners, renters and condos. For homes, we offer:
• Dwelling: Dwelling coverage compensates the homeowner for damage or loss of the physical home due to fire, wind, hail, vandalism and more.
• Other Structures: Other structures covers structures on the property that are not attached to the home, such as unattached garages and sheds.
• Contents: Contents coverage protects your personal items concerning loss to the same perils that are covered under dwelling insurance, plus theft.
• Personal Liability: Personal liability helps if you or a family member causes bodily injury or property damage to someone else.
• Loss of Use: Loss of use, also known as additional living expenses (ALE), helps with the expenses of moving elsewhere after a disaster while the home is being repaired or rebuilt.
• Ordinance or Law: Ordinance or law coverage steps in if you must update your home according to changes in ordinances or laws.
• Water Backup: Water backup coverage compensates for damages caused by sewer or plumbing accidents.
Condos are covered by what’s known as HO-6 insurance, which provides liability, content and property coverage. The main difference between this insurance and home insurance is that HO-6 property coverage only covers the unit and not the rest of the property. In South Carolina, the average cost of condo insurance is about $469 a year.
Renters insurance works much the same way. Renters insurance covers personal liability and personal possessions coverage for tenants renting a property. A landlord may require renters to have a certain amount of this insurance before moving in. The average cost of renters insurance in South Carolina is about $15 a month.
Get in Touch Today
Your home is one of the most important aspects of everyday life. Protect your home and your family with an affordable, comprehensive policy with Dotterer Insurance. We’ll find a policy that fits your budget and your insurance needs. Call us at (843) 821-7548 or fill out an online form for a free quote today!